On Friday October 15, 2021 the Provincial Government announced its Mandatory Vaccine Policy. The policy is being implemented in an effort to ensure continued safety in the workplace, as well as to ensure additional health protection for all Newfoundlanders and Labradorians. Information about the policy is available here: https://www.gov.nl.ca/releases/2021/health/1015n05/ and https://www.gov.nl.ca/exec/tbs/mandatory-vaccination-policy/ . The COVID-19 Vaccine Regulations under the Public Health Protection and Promotion Act are available HERE.
In addition to provincial government employees and employees of agencies, boards and commissions, Government will also be mandating COVID-19 vaccines for some employers beyond the core public service to come into effect on December 17, 2021. Places where employees and volunteers will have to be vaccinated include:
- Long-term care facilities
- Personal care homes
- Assisted living facilities
- Community care homes
- Businesses that employ members of regulated health professions
- Community agencies that provide supports to vulnerable populations
- Private health care clinics
- Fire departments
- Ambulance services
- Home care provider agencies
- Regulated child care providers
- Schools/Post-secondary institutions
- Anywhere the NLVaxPass is required for entry
The NLCHP supports the Governments efforts to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 in Newfoundland Labrador and protect the residents and workers of the province by mandating vaccines in these areas. The NLCHP strongly encourages all registrants to be fully vaccinated by December 17, 2021. NLCHP will provide more information to registrants as details of how the policy will be administered become available.